Bluehost is one of the biggest web hosting companies in the world and an official WordPress recommended hosting provider
One of the oldest web hosts started in 1996, Bluehost has become the largest brand name when it comes to WordPress hosting. They are an official ‘WordPress’ recommended hosting provider.
With Bluehost, you never have to worry about your website being slow even when there is a lot of traffic. Their 24/7 expert support is always there to help when you need it by phone, email, or live chat. They are rated #1 in web hosting for small businesses. On top of that, they are offering WPBeginner users an exclusive 63% off discount, a Free Domain, Free SSL, and a free Site Builder with templates.
Bluehost started in 1996 and steadily grew to become one of the largest web hosting companies in the world. It now powers more than 2 million websites from all over the world.
Bluehost has a long standing relationship with the WordPress community. They are an official WordPress recommended hosting company since 2006.
They pride themselves in their 24/7 customer support, great hosting infrastructure, and support for the free open source software like WordPress.
The most important performance metric that you should look for is the speed. It not only affects user experience on your site, but it also affects your WordPress SEO rankings.
Studies show that a 1 second drop in website speed can decrease your conversion rate by 7%. A 3 second delay can cost you 50% of your traffic.
For a faster website, you will need to choose a fast web hosting company. Keeping this in mind, we created a test site to see how fast Bluehost really is.
Our test site was created using WordPress with default Twenty Seventeen theme. We imported dummy content for theme development including images. After that we used Pingdom to test the website speed.
Here are our test results:
As you can see, our test site loads in less than two seconds. That’s faster than 85% of all tested sites. Considering the fact that our website wasn’t using any caching plugins or speed optimization tips, this result is remarkable.
But this test website didn’t have large amounts of traffic. So the Pingdom test alone isn’t good enough.
To test how Bluehost servers would respond with increased traffic, we used a testing tool called Load Impact to send virtual users (VU) to our site. They gradually built up to 100 visitors to see how the server would handle increased requests from multiple connections at once.
Here is a screenshot of our results.
The blue line is the number of active virtual users on the site, and the green line is the server load time. As you can see the server load remained stable through out the test even at peak traffic.
This test indicates that if you are looking for a really fast website, then Bluehost can be a perfect fit for you.
It is also important to note that we didn’t record any downtime during our testing. See the screenshot below for a detailed look at Bluehost server uptime.
Bluehost Hosting Plans and Features
Bluehost offers a variety of hosting plans for all budgets and sizes. This includes shared hosting, VPS, dedicated server, cloud hosting, WooCommerce hosting, WordPress hosting, and more.
Let’s take a look at Bluehost hosting plans and their features.
- Shared hosting: Shared hosting is the perfect way to start a new website with low traffic volume. In a shared hosting environment, your website shares server resources with other websites.
- Cloud hosting: A more reliable upgrade to the shared hosting plan. It allows you to utilize multiple cloud servers, allowing your website to automatically switch to a different server in case of a hardware failure or high traffic.
- WordPress hosting: A hosting package designed specifically for WordPress powered websites. It is optimized to run WordPress and can even protect your WordPress site against common threats.
- WooCommerce hosting: WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce plugin for WordPress, it allows you to easily start an online store with WordPress. WooCommerce hosting offers you all the essential features to kick start your ecommerce store.
- VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting: An upgrade to shared WordPress hosting, VPS hosting allows you to virtual dedicated resources in a shared environment.
- Dedicated server hosting: A dedicated server to for your website, means you will have all the resources of the server to yourself. The downside is that you will have to manage the server on your own.
All Bluehost hosting plans allow you to install WordPress with 1-click.
All plans come with an easy to use hosting control panel where you can manage your hosting, create databases, etc.
Breakdown of Bluehost’s Shared Hosting Plans
Bluehost offers a shared hosting package suitable for starter websites. Their shared plan is available in three different levels.
Let’s take a look at what’s included in each plan.
- Basic: The basic plan only allows you to host one website. It hosts one domain and 25 subdomains, 50GB storage, 5 email accounts of 100 MB storage for each account. For the first term you’ll pay $2.95 per month. When you renew the account, you’ll have to pay $7.99 per month.
- Plus: The Plus plan includes unlimited websites with unlimited web space and bandwidth. You’ll also get unlimited email accounts. The price for the first term starts from $5.45 per month. When you renew the account, you’ll have to pay $10.99 per month.
- Prime: The Prime plan includes all features of plus plan. You will also get domain privacy and SiteBackup Pro as extras worth over $80/year. Prime also has the same first term price of Plus, $5.45 per month. When renewing, you’ll have to pay $14.99 per month.
If you are just starting your website, then you can select any of these plans. You can easily upgrade your hosting plan as your website grows.
Bluehost Support and Customer Service
We all need help every now and then. It is really important that you choose a web hosting company that offers help and support when you need it.
Bluehost maintains a huge library of articles, step by step guides, and video tutorials as part of their extensive knowledge base. This is a huge help for beginners and most common issues can be quickly resolved by a simple search.
However, sometimes you may need to talk to an individual to get more help.
Bluehost offers a 24/7 support system where you can talk to their customer support representatives using live chat or phone. This is really helpful when you need quick help from technical support staff.
One thing that is missing is the ticket based support system. Bluehost recently decided to eliminate ticket based support to focus on personal approach of live chat and phone based support. However, some users may still miss the ticket based support system which is particularly good if your issue cannot be resolved in one live chat or phone session.
What People Are Saying About BLUEHOST
Just over a year ago I decided to change my blog only site on WordPress to a WordPress/Woocommerce site. I looked at a few different hosts and ultimately chose Bluehost to be the host of my website. While I was building my website (which I hadn’t a clue how to do), they were very helpful, and anytime I have an issue (which is very VERY rare), they are very helpful. They have anything and everything you need to start from scratch with a website like I did, so don’t hesitate to go with them as your host!
Im so greatful for bluehost, I have read only positive reviews and recommandations. All navigation is super simple and eventhough I have always counted myself as PC illitarate with all the help and bluehost guidance im actually doing this. Even Beginner can build his website with bluehost. I have more ideas for websites and I will deffinitely be using bluehost again. Big thumbs up, 5 out of 5
I started with BlueHost for my new website and I’m very happy with the Product.
The Quality is very good and the Support is very helpful!
I use Bluehost to host my personal blog. I have had no issues at all with Bluehost. I use WordPress, and Bluehost has a great deal with them, so it’s incredibly affordable. I haven’t had to contact their customer service yet, but whenever there is something that I’m not sure how to do, their online tutorials or explanations are always pretty clear. Looking forward to continuing to use Bluehost!
Affiliate Press Writer
30 Days Money Back Guarantee
If you cancel within 30 days you receive a full refund from Bluehost
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Not satisfied with Bluehost?
Siteground is another host provider you should look for! (This website is hosted on Siteground and we are super satisfied!)